Ozello Shrimper Now Available

OzelloShrimper

Post by OzelloShrimper »

Hi Everyone,

In case you couldn't tell, I am the CEO of Ozello Shrimper, LLC. It is a small company I started about two years ago with the idea of giving the average man / woman / child the ability to catch their own shrimp dinner. I run it in my spare time between jobs.

The idea, called an Ozello Shrimper, allows you to pick up shrimp one by one from the grass flats and walk home with gallons for the freezer. We've been doing it for decades with our handmade equipment but decided to see if we could mass produce them so more people could have fun and enjoy what is incredibly overpriced at the grocery store.

Well, the idea came to fruition today. With the help of a USF engineer, a Tampa factory and a St. Petersburg / Gulfport group of friends, our little business is ready to sell our product. 100% made in the USA and home grown from the Tampa Bay area. Named after the small town of Ozello, Florida where the idea was conceived by our late friend nearly 30 years ago.

We redesigned the shrimp trap using laser cut marine grade aluminum. Corrosion resistant and easy to assemble, it will last you years and will pay itself off in just a few trips shrimping. All you need to do is walk around in the grass flats at night with it, wearing a headlamp and pick up the shrimp you see glowing in the grass beds. It sounds bizarre but is a great time.

Don't take my word for it, ask anyone who has used one. It works and it is super fun to do for kids, wives, husbands and people of all ages. We have everyone out there doing it.

If the idea of catching your own shrimp dinner appeals to you, or you just want to see what I am talking about, give us a look!

http://www.ozelloshrimper.com/shrimping ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for paying attention this far and Happy Shrimping!
IntimiGator

Re: Ozello Shrimper Now Available

Post by IntimiGator »

Very nice. That is money when it comes to catching shrimp with very little effort and impact to the grass beds.
r3krobert
Supporter 2013

Post by r3krobert »

How about a video showing successful use?
OzelloShrimper

Post by OzelloShrimper »

r3krobert wrote:How about a video showing successful use?
Ask and you shall receive :)

Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Congratulations and good luck with it.
Fishin Worms and Investment Advice Inc.
Rik

Post by Rik »

What times of the year is it 'shrimp season'?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
OzelloShrimper

Post by OzelloShrimper »

Right now through the very first days of July.

Here are daily predictions to guide you in choosing the right day to go:
http://www.ozelloshrimper.com/tools/bun ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The shrimp are plentiful right now but are still small. Personally, I like small shrimp for pasta and salads so it is just right. They will get much larger over the next weeks, peaking in mid May through June. This is when they will be out in droves on the flats too.

If you don't know where to go shrimping, here are maps: http://www.ozelloshrimper.com/spots/wes ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can catch gallons of shrimp in a single night out. Repeat that a few times and you can fill your freezer with enough shrimp to last the whole year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
OzelloShrimper

Post by OzelloShrimper »

That said, there are several "runs" each year and it is possible to catch shrimp year round in Florida waters. Some times just have more shrimp than others. This period is one of them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk