Beach snook/honeymoon

Mike Hodge

Beach snook/honeymoon

Post by Mike Hodge »

Went out Tuesday morning with high expectations. Low wind and just a few clouds. However, the water's still milky courtesy of TS Debby. Still, it was good to get out, walk the beach and make a few casts.
Not much of a report, but I figure I could save someone a trip while the water clears up.
On a positive note, the trip gave me a chance to try out my new TF TICRX, 8-weight. Casts like a dream compared to my 20-plus year-old St. Croix.
JoeS

Re: Beach snook/honeymoon

Post by JoeS »

Mike anytime you would like to get out during the week I would like to join you......IRB is decent..... and AMI and LBk are both really hot for beach snookin right now.......I am always looking for somebody to hit the beaches for snook.......let me know.....
PS... I anm going to LBK in the AM if anybody is interested.......PM me......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Capt. Jack

Beach snook/honeymoon

Post by Capt. Jack »

Mike,
Try the Caladisi side of Hurricane Pass on the falling tide.
Our tradition is that of the first man who snuck away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.
Mike Hodge

Post by Mike Hodge »

Capt. Jack wrote:Mike,
Try the Caladisi side of Hurricane Pass on the falling tide.
Good point. I thought about that. I need to either take the Ferry or bring my kayak.
SnookBait

Post by SnookBait »

Been catching them all up and down IRB and Blind Pass.
bicoastal

Post by bicoastal »

JoeS wrote:Mike anytime you would like to get out during the week I would like to join you......IRB is decent..... and AMI and LBk are both really hot for beach snookin right now.......I am always looking for somebody to hit the beaches for snook.......let me know.....
PS... I anm going to LBK in the AM if anybody is interested.......PM me......
a little too late FYI - Fished LBK last weekend. Very little snook action. Water murky. Hope you did better than I

Re: Honeymoon/beach snook

Postby bicoastal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:48 am
I found similar conditions down in Longboat this weekend. Chucked the crystal minnow up and down the beach in the mornings but found no snook and very little bait in the surf. Lots of mullet though and several boats sitting on bait pods a couple hundred yards off the beach. Got cut off by something very toothy while casting toward the closest of the bait pods.
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 The Red Rocket
Wilderness Systems Ride 135 Sage
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Same as above reports past 2 days at LBK...........Murkey water No Snookies........very little bait schools....Will try again next week....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
cmatatty

Post by cmatatty »

Glad you like the TiCr 8 weight. I've been using one (from Cabella's at Reno) for three plus years. Bought it when the salesman took a Sage and it out to the parking lot. They both cast great, but the Ti was $500 cheaper. Duh. I'd gotten a few snook wade fishing on the Gulf side of Honeymoon before the storm. Alas, not so much now. Seems like the fish are further out. Anyway, glad you like the blue rod.