2011 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
redfish

2011 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Post by redfish »

This is by far my favorite kayak I have ever owned. Ive gone from Tarpon 140s the old and new models. I like them a lot but this kayak is my fave. Its the 2011 model. 1 month before the 2012 model came out back in July of 2011. I was kinda mad at that but I like this one. Alright here we go.

Lets get the cons out first.
CONS: The orbix hatch they have behind the seat is nice but my seat gets in the way when I open it.
The back handle is kinda stupid. Its on one side of the boat so when you pick it up it leans to the right and everything falls out. So when you pick it up with someone you gotta hold the handle and part of the kayak.
Thats about it for the CONS actually

PROS: For a wide kayak its pretty damn fast.
Not that heavy at all I can pick it up alone and put it in my truck no problem.
Tracks pretty good.
Super stable. If you get tired from standing on the plastic you can stand on the seat and go back an forth doing that.
Tons of storage. I can store a bunch in the back and front. Even my paddle fits in the front hatch.
The inside stays dry about 98% of the time unless I do something stupid or it rains a whole ton.
Very easy to paddle.
The list goes on. I noticed with the new 2012 they changed a few things. I have yet to paddle one but have sat in them. I dont think Im going to change anytime soon. But if your looking for a kayak with tons of storage and stability at a good price check out the Ride 135. Even the new ones look good.
Enjoy

Length: 13'4" / 406 cm
Width: 32" / 81 cm
Max Capacity: 400 lbs. / 181 kg
Deck Height: 15.5" / 39 cm
Weight: 68 lbs. / 31 kg.
Cockpit Length: 54" / 137 cm
Cockpit Width: 21.5" / 55 cm

Amped Kayak Fishing and Southern Backwater on Facebook
Mercuryverado200 on Youtube
Wright Custom Rods
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: 2011 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Post by Todd »

Jesse,

Check out the new Airpro phase 3 seats that WS came out with this year. Nice addition to a ride for sure.

http://kayakfishinggear.com/303aerospac ... 1-2-1.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
redfish

Re: 2011 Wilderness Systems Ride 135

Post by redfish »

Yeah seen that a few days ago!! Chris Hoover one of the guys that was gonna help me get onto Team WS had it posted on FB. Pretty cool seat for sure
Amped Kayak Fishing and Southern Backwater on Facebook
Mercuryverado200 on Youtube
Wright Custom Rods