PFCS #2 Format and a few words.. **UPDATED**

Heywood

PFCS #2 Format and a few words.. **UPDATED**

Post by Heywood »

I hope this format reflects the spirit of our good friend Cooknfish. I thought the key word this year should be "Challenge" and I hope this one will be challenging.

The format will be a Slam Tournament with a twist. There will be a minimum slot for each species. Plus two bonus fish.

Snook - 20" minimum
Redfish - 18" minimum
Trout - 15" minimum

Catch all three, above the minimum slot and you get 30 points.

Bonus fish - Flounder - minimum 12" is worth 10 points.
Snapper - minimum 10" is worth 5 points.

Max points are 45 points. In case of a tie, the tie breaker will be who has the biggest Snook.

All fish should be measured on a clearly visible measuring board, NATURAL LAY with nothing on or obstructing the view of the fish. Place the token on the measuring board, not the fish. Do not block the view by holding the fish or placing the bag with your score sheet on top of the fish.

No sharing of fish. Catch your own.

No use of radios between anglers. (Unless in case of emergency) No cell phone use, either texting or talking. (Unless in case of emergency) This is supposed to be a fun tournament and not a team effort.

Use only the lures provided. No spray on scents or soaking the lures in anything will be allowed.

There will be a 30% discount code from Riptide in your bag. Please use this and order some lures from them. They have been a great sponsor for PF for the last two years.

For everyone, if I dont know you, I'll ask you at sign in if you are a "newbie". Please dont be offended. You newbies will have a surprise waiting for you at the Pic-N-Sip, so fish hard and take a picture of everything you catch. :wink: :wink:
Last edited by Heywood on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: PFCS #2 Format and a few words about the tournament.

Post by Todd »

Heywood wrote: All fish should be measured on a clearly visible measuring board, NATURAL LAY with nothing on or obstructing the view of the fish. Place the token on the measuring board, not the fish. Do not block the view by holding the fish or placing the bag with your score sheet on top of the fish.
Suggestion for all-bring something, i.e. a large binder clip works great, and secure the token to your board. Please do not use glue, tape, velcro, etc as that ruins the token for future use. Securing the token prevents losing a token, trust me they sink rather quickly when they bounce off into the drink.

And natural lay is simply natural lay, you get no credit for pinching tails? Am I correct?

Radios, no communication whatsoever unless needed for safety? Is that correct? How about cell phones, should we (can we) include cell phones in that same regard in the rules?

Great format. Now when is this tournament?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Todd wrote:
Heywood wrote: All fish should be measured on a clearly visible measuring board, NATURAL LAY with nothing on or obstructing the view of the fish. Place the token on the measuring board, not the fish. Do not block the view by holding the fish or placing the bag with your score sheet on top of the fish.
Suggestion for all-bring something, i.e. a large binder clip works great, and secure the token to your board. Please do not use glue, tape, velcro, etc as that ruins the token for future use. Securing the token prevents losing a token, trust me they sink rather quickly when they bounce off into the drink.

Great format. Now when is this tournament?
Good point Todd. You can always write your number on something, it will be on the score sheet. Just dont lay the score sheet on top of the fish. Heck, spell it out with lures or grass if you have too.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Heywood wrote: Good point Todd. You can always write your number on something, it will be on the score sheet. Just dont lay the score sheet on top of the fish. Heck, spell it out with lures or grass if you have too.
We had someone lose a token once and he put the number down using blades of turtle grass. :lol:
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Heywood wrote:Do not block the view by holding the fish or placing the bag with your score sheet on top of the fish.
Shoot. There goes my plan to saw them in half to make them longer.
Dave
Rik

Post by Rik »

My suggestion is that the only communication allowed between anglers (both in and not in the tournament) is via verbal, smoke signals or hand signs.

I also use the binder clip method.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Rik wrote:My suggestion is that the only communication allowed between anglers (both in and not in the tournament) is via verbal, smoke signals or hand signs.

I also use the binder clip method.
I have a hand signal for you!
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Todd wrote: Radios, no communication whatsoever unless needed for safety? Is that correct? How about cell phones, should we (can we) include cell phones in that same regard in the rules?
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: PFCS #2 Format and a few words.. **UPDATED**

Post by MarkM »

I see Todd is getting revenge for all those years of having to answer a million questions concerning all kinds of minutiae pertaining to fishing tournaments.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

By the way, when is this tournament anyway?
Paul
PFTS SPONSOR
PFTS SPONSOR

Post by Paul »

And natural lay is simply natural lay, you get no credit for pinching tails? Am I correct?

Pinched tail or not :bounce:
Paul Silvernail
"Pimpin' ain't easy....but it's neccessary"
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Paul wrote:And natural lay is simply natural lay, you get no credit for pinching tails? Am I correct?

Pinched tail or not :bounce:
Natural lay, no pinch tail.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

MarkM wrote:I see Todd is getting revenge for all those years of having to answer a million questions concerning all kinds of minutiae pertaining to fishing tournaments.
Making up for lost time.
DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Half the fun of this forum is asking dumb arse questions just to piss people off.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

DirksFishin wrote:Half the fun of this forum is asking dumb arse questions just to piss people off.
Unless your the guy answering them.
Rik

Post by Rik »

Didn't your teacher tell you that the only stupid question is the question not asked?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:Didn't your teacher tell you that the only stupid question is the question not asked?
I think his teacher said "the only stupid question is the question you just asked".
Credo quia absurdum