Miami Peacocks

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bluebill

Miami Peacocks

Post by bluebill »

I got to fish part of last Sat and Sun in a few Miami canals and lakes.

Looking mainly for peacocks. Only caught half dozen in two days and no hawgs.

Normally lots of nice largemouths also where I fish but not this trip. I felt like all of the LM and peacock bass were turned off by the weather barometrics. Water was still plenty warm enough for summer time feeding.

Have any of you fished Miami/Dade or Broward freshwater recently?
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
TRKpoker

Re: Miami Peacocks

Post by TRKpoker »

Yea I have. We did a Snakehead trip 2 weeks ago and I got 2 of them but learned after my technique wasn't as good as it could have been. Missed quite a few of them. Did manage to get an 18" and a 26" though. I had dinner plans that night so gave the fish to my fishing partner and he said it was excellent eating. Did catch 3 bass in the process.
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

TRKpoker

Wow, snakeheads are new to me. I Googled them and found that they have invaded canals in Broward and found a video showing a guide and two dudes catching them. Kind of ugly critters.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

When they get over about 16-18" they fight like a snook making hard runs but a bit shorter than a snook. They fight till you boat them. Depending on the weather I will be either bay fishing or snakehead fishing this Sunday.