You might want to read the scoring format again

Rik

You might want to read the scoring format again

Post by Rik »

Scoring- You can turn in 2 redfish for scoring, and a third red in the case of a tie. Each red will get you 5 points, plus 1 point per spot. Only the number of spots on the photographed side of the fish will count. All fish must be photographed in the same manner on your measuring board. (ie- the fish's nose in the bottom left corner of the measuring device in every picture) If there is a tie, a third red plus the spots points will serve as the tie breaker. Length of the biggest red breaks any ties after that.
That means a 12 inch redfish with 3 spots is worth more than a 38 inch redfish with 1 spot.

Only spots on one side of the fish count - the side that, if you were the fish, it would be your left side.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
countryboy_ucf

Re: You might want to read the scoring format again

Post by countryboy_ucf »

Left side of the fish? The only part in the rules that mentions the side is that all fish must be laid on the same side for spot count? Are we making if definite for the left?
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
countryboy_ucf

Post by countryboy_ucf »

Nvm, saw bottom left hand corner is where the fish's nose should be.... But it should definitely be clarified, or someone will photograph an upside down fish...
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

I think it just was clarified.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Clear as mud now. There are a lot of different measuring boards, tapes, etc that anglers use. Not all have a bottom left corner. The judges may need to figure this out at the pic n sip.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

Good thing someone asked because if I caught a fish with more spots on the starboard side...I damn sure would have turned him upside down :roll:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
rpiatt3

Post by rpiatt3 »

If I put the fish in my measuring board so that you can see the left side of the fish the jaw will not be in the "bottom" of my measuring board.