PFTS #3 - sponsored by Logic Lures - RESULTS

Rik

PFTS #3 - sponsored by Logic Lures - RESULTS

Post by Rik »

Good job guys! Plenty of fish were caught, lots were brought back for the fish fry and MarkR did one hell of a job cooking it all!

Full report and results here
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Flatz Komander

Re: PFTS #3 - sponsored by Logic Lures - RESULTS

Post by Flatz Komander »

Great time yesterday, the wind sucked, but it sure beat work and Christmas shopping!! Thanks to all involved in organizing this tournament...Rik, Rusty and everyone else! Special to MarkR for cooking...it was amazing!!

Sunrise

Pic n sip

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Congrats to the winners, well done in adverse conditions.

Huge thanks to Logic Lures for providing the lures for the day. Very high quality stuff. I had the same plastic tail last through numerous lady fish, lizard fish, jacks, and four snook. Not many plastic tails will last close to that long. Made a believer out of me for sure. If you have not tried them you should give them a try, nice products.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Todd I agree with you. The funny thing is that I bought a couple of the tandem rigs before the event for practice with a new setup. The first one I only threw once. I cast it and saw a big trout take it and the whole rig went bye bye. Found out I had a chip in my guide on the rod tip. So that one is my fault. The second one I used less than 10 minutes before the pins or puffers ate the plastics right off it. I replaced the lost plastics with a couple DOA jerk bates.

Don't know why that first set seemed so fragile and the ones we used Saturday were nearly indestructible. Maybe they have changed the materials they are using. I also liked the wiggly jiggly jigs. Had trouble rigging them at first, but got some great hookups with them.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
InfernoFisherman

Post by InfernoFisherman »

Just wanted to say I had a lot of fun in my first kayak fishing tournament... With the wind the paddle back was the "I hope I don't flip this over and die" kind of fun... but fun none the less. It was good to meet some of you for the first time. Sadly I couldn't stay very long, as I had to meet up with the wife afterwards.

I will definitely be as active as I can on this forum and will see you all at the next one. Congrats to the winners!!

As an added bonus I had to go out of town for work the very next day, I left the tandem rig on the pole by accident.... when I got back in town last night my entire garage smelled like...