A little CRB help

Flamingo to Big Bend
fsule73

A little CRB help

Post by fsule73 »

Hey guys, long time reader, seldom poster.(I've found most of my life nobody really cares what I have to say) My dad and I are heading out this weekend in the canoe. We have fished Ft Desoto a few times and caught a number of small reds and trout. We are wanting to try C Roach Bay. I have never fished CRB, and any advice would be welcomed! I know the boat ramp has a reputation for breakins...how bad is it really? HOw's the fishing there this time of year?
no time

Post by no time »

Ck out the destination page on the front of this site. Click crb. Have fun and give us a report. Bob
tbray

Post by tbray »

Your self esteem is rivaling mine! We care what you have to say!

I have been 2X to CRB- never had an issue with breakins...but i emptied the inside of my rig and made sure the whole car was visibly empty to deter!!

Great place to fish but i went during the week when they say break ins occur more than not
I make plaid look....well....like plaid
no time

Post by no time »

I been going to crb for 8 years and never had one bit of trouble. All different hours of the night too. It must be a hit and miss thing.Awsome place to fish and watch the wildlife.
shallowrider

Post by shallowrider »

I've been to CRB many times also and have never had a problem there. Often there is a guy down there I think his name is Bill who will talk to you and ask you about how many fish you caught. He has a little puppy in a cage in the back of his truck. Nice guy,if you see him talk to him.
fsule73

Post by fsule73 »

My father and I got out to CRB and what a day! We headed out from the boat ramp, and within a few minutes of throwing an Exude (I think its Exude) gold dart I had a 33 inch snook on the side of the canoe. We unhooked the gal, took a quick measurement, tried my best to hook myself, and released her back to her mangrove home. The fishing seemed to "shut down" for a while after that with absolutley no action for about an hour. Then, it seemed someone flipped a switch and the bite turned on. Over the next three hours, between the two of us, we caught 5 reds, all in the 14-16 inch range, 3 trout, 2 measuring 16 inches and one that may have actually been smaller then my jig.
I caught the last fish of the day while complaining about my power-pro and the birds nest it had given me. When I finally straightened out the not, I pulled back and thought I was bringing up a rock. Instead it was a 12 inch flounder. While small, it was still the first flounder of my life!!
The only camera we had with us was my cell phone, and father(who is tech challenged) tried to take a pic, he turned the phone off...twice. In the interest of the fish, we decided not continue with the photography attempt.
Thanks again for the information on the area!
no time

Post by no time »

Good job. Thanks for the post.
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Thanks for the post. Sounds like you had a great time with your Dad fishing CRB. I've been wanting to fish there for some time but have been concerned with the bad rap it has gotten for breakins. Maybe I'll try it on a weekend when there will be more cars/activity at the launch site.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]