How not to spend Sunday with a flyrod.

shamus
The Beaver Tickler

How not to spend Sunday with a flyrod.

Post by shamus »

Decide to practice Double haul. Conditions are right with all the wind for practicing. Practice for about an hour finally realizing I an uncoordinated old geezer. Head back into house. Of course I don''t break rod apart. Start to enter garage and feel tension on rod. This is the first time I've ever felt actual tension on the rod because, well because I suck at fly fishing. Wind up yanking Emmit Kelly figure off shelf. The little one thats easy to replace you say. Nay, I answer the big fucker that they don't make anymore !!Sweep up remains of Emmit and deposit him in the trash.
Now decide to clean fly line. Warm soappy water in tub- strip line into water . Come back a few minutes layer to find Golden retriever with wet paws and a knot in flyline that took two hours to undo.
Screw it I'm chuckin BAIT !!!
0 0 1
JoeS

Re: How not to spend Sunday with a flyrod.

Post by JoeS »

Serenity Now.....Serenity Now....... :wink: :wink:
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

All this stress isn't good for someone with elevated triglycerides. Gimme your cigars and your fly tackle.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

My wife has a really cool Emmit Kelly for sale ( "looking out to sea" ) 20% discount for your pain. Somedays it just pays to be a couch potato.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Evan

Post by Evan »

Hard times, Shamus. But all part of the reason that a fish caught on fly is worth a dozen snagged with bait. Just keep practicing...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

[quoteAll this stress isn't good for someone with elevated triglycerides. Gimme your cigars and your fly tackle.

][/quote]

Cigars have all been burned !! one at a time. FLy gear soon to follow :razz:
0 0 1
noles

Post by noles »

shamus wrote:Decide to practice Double haul. Conditions are right with all the wind for practicing. Practice for about an hour finally realizing I an uncoordinated old geezer. Head back into house. Of course I don''t break rod apart. Start to enter garage and feel tension on rod. This is the first time I've ever felt actual tension on the rod because, well because I suck at fly fishing. Wind up yanking Emmit Kelly figure off shelf. The little one thats easy to replace you say. Nay, I answer the big fucker that they don't make anymore !!Sweep up remains of Emmit and deposit him in the trash.
Now decide to clean fly line. Warm soappy water in tub- strip line into water . Come back a few minutes layer to find Golden retriever with wet paws and a knot in flyline that took two hours to undo.
Screw it I'm chuckin BAIT !!!
I could of told you all of that, you can't fly fish old fart!
"whose that little motherf***er with the fly rod"
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Little bastard
0 0 1
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

:D
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey