CART FAILURE

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
Willie T
Location: St. Petersburg Minds of moderate caliber ordinarily condemn everything which is beyond their range.

CART FAILURE

Post by Willie T »

I don’t know if any of the people chose to build the cart in the plans I sent them. But if you did, I have discovered a weakness in the design.

I dropped my cart from about four feet onto dirt, and both T’s that join the left side to the right side snapped off where the holes for the pins were drilled.

If it had been glued, and not pinned, I doubt it would have broken. But if you glue it, then you cannot take it apart for storage in your hatch.

I have found, however, in over two years of using this cart that I just finally quit taking it apart… I just put it back in my truck. It has always held up fine, but I guess this time I found just the right angle to snap the T's.

Soooo… it looks like I should have glued it in the first place.

Just wanted to make you aware of this.

Bill Everett
(Willie T)
Willie T
St. Petersburg
[email protected]

"True eloquence consists in saying all that is necessary, and only that which is."
François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Dropped it? Your not supposed to be doing MOTO Kayaking :lol:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
LHolman

Post by LHolman »

Ok, just drop and give us 20 :lol:

Larry