fishing trip

Fish on Steriods

fishing trip

Post by Fish on Steriods »

Me and a buddy are coming up to tampa to do some Kayak fishing Aug 7th and 8th and was wondering what's bitting and where and does anybody fish in the are of Hole in the wall pass and cockroach bay,little cockroach bay and if so where to launch at coming up from Naples.
Jim F.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: fishing trip

Post by Todd »

You launch at the end of Cockroach Bay Rd off of US 41. Easy to find. Don't leave any valuables in your car!

All the areas you mentioned are accessable from the launch. There is a boat ramp at the end but much better kayak launching to the right of the ramp. The tides/water levels will usually determine where you will fish. I don't fish there that often but many others do, you may have some company.

Good luck.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Fish on Steriods

Thanks Todd sounds like Miguel bay or joes might be more a better choice
FlyFishermanUGA

Post by FlyFishermanUGA »

I've been out of CRB 10-15 times over the last few months and haven't seen and signs of vandals. CRB is also a very popular spot for kayakers so if you are there on the weekend you won't be along. Saturday there was a kayak flotilla in the mangroves. We always head South but I've been meaning to head north of the channel and launch one of these days.

Fly
"You can't fix stupid"
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Fish on Steriods wrote:Thanks Todd sounds like Miguel bay or joes might be more a better choice
Miguel Bay was a hot spot for thieves not too long ago also. You are not safe anywhere, I (and two others) got broken into at Ft Desoto on a Saturday along the causeway.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Fish on Steriods

Thanks Todd don't need no trouble I have a friend that lives on Clearwater beach in a condo but Port Charlotte sounds better the redfish bite has been off the hook lately and there are large snook down in Cape Romano area two weeks ago we caught six and one was 37 inches using live bait but we saw some larger ones too, any father south and the water has been muddy.
Jim
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Jim, we will be in Napels next week 8/1 ==>8/7. Got any super secret spots ya want to share? I plan on fishing Rookery Bay. Thanks

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Fish on Steriods

They just redone the kayak ramp at the end of shell island road with nice parking,shell island road is of off of collier blvd .They have been catdhing trout in the flats and the snook are along mangrove islands where the water is moving and where there is plenty of shade I have not been in the bay in a long time but just talked to a friend the fishes there alot and it has been productive but once it gets real hot out you have to work hard to catch anything.Now if you want to go down on marco island and to Caxambas ramp and put in there head south from the ramp and you will see a stretch of mangroves on the west side that I have been catching some real nice snook using live bait and d.o.a.'s too .There are some nice size tarpon that have been rolling to about 30 to 50 lbs.Bayview park in Naples we have been putting in down there at night and right across from the ramp is Port Royal Million dollar homes the dock lights are filled with snook and it's a 10 min paddle from the ramp amd four or five canals.Good luck I will be doing a night trip this coming week with a friend around the dock lights your are welcome to tag along
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Thanks a bunch for the info and the invitation. Once we get stettled I'll send you a IM w/ my cell #, if thats ok. You're new, you know about your message box?

fuzz
I was impressed, that the older I got, the more patient I became. Turns out, I just don't give a shit.

230 ==> 215
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

I won't ever fish CRB again.. cars and trucks broken into and the HCSO refused to come out.. Dispatch even wanted to know the exact address. When we gave them GPS coords they said "That's not good enough!" NEVER AGAIN.

That was last year.. Friends tell me it's the same now..
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

CRB isn't bad, but everytime I've been there I have experienced a few folks that where REALLY down on their luck and were actually sleeping in their cars there. I would not doubt they would take advantage of a parked car. Simmons is nice and it's guarded, but there is a charge. Picnic Island is also nice and it'sa monitered as well.
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."