Wheedon Report 7/3

Flamingo to Big Bend
skinnywater

Wheedon Report 7/3

Post by skinnywater »

Headed out this morning for some much needed relaxing and fishing with She Who Must Be Obeyed. We launched at the kayak rental area at Wheedon about 7:15. Light breeze, smooth water, and pelicans pounding the baitfish. All of our fish came from along the mangrove lines. Artis didn't cut it, the fish were few and far between, so we resorted to skrimps. Final tally was rays, ladies, and 2 reds.
We also had a slight run in with a completely clueless kayaker. This goofy lady paddled between us and the mangroves, less than 20' away, even after several strong hints like "You are paddling over our lines". She even got my sweet little bride to release the Jersey Girl from within. :shock: . I couldn't believe that people could be so dense and rude.
As we loaded up, we told the guy from Sweetwater to mention to the rental clients to not paddle close to those who are fishing.
Kevin

"Am I missing and eyebrow?" - Adam Savage
americanrobster

Re: Wheedon Report 7/3

Post by americanrobster »

skinnywater wrote: I couldn't believe that people could be so dense and rude.
Sounds like a great day.

Yes, I hate to say it, some people on kayaks with little or no experience can be inconsiderate, but be thankful that they are not on a power boat yet.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
Wuluf

Re: Wheedon Report 7/3

Post by Wuluf »

Nice Pic!

Had that happen to me at Caladesi. I sat there in disbelief.
Wuluf