First trip with my hat-mounted Playsport

Flamingo to Big Bend
Pmoconnor89

First trip with my hat-mounted Playsport

Post by Pmoconnor89 »

It's going to take some getting used to, but I think with some practice it will become second nature. I completely missed the money-shot of the topwater strike, but did manage a few nice jumps. I am pretty sure it was a fat snook, and he had a remora on him that he flung off while being an acrobat. I also caught a few trout, one at 18 inches and the rest were all 12-14. Couldn't find the reds, and had a tough time battling the wind. I fished in the Gasparilla Sound area of Charlotte Harbor.

I have a photo and a list of supplies on my blog if anyone is interested in how I made my hat mount. I am also toying with other mounting options using an old monopod either behind me in my milk crate or in front of me... somewhere. Haven't figured out that angle yet.

Re: First trip with my hat-mounted Playsport

Post by 13 »

I still love my hatcam set-up, but I think next time around im going to try to he mine behind me. Someone put a killer video of a tarpon fight on here last year & the angle was perfect. A friend of mine has a similar set-up and set his camera to take pictures every few seconds rather than video & came away with some killer shots of a fight with a 44" red. Just need to figure out how to extend it into the air so you can see the angler & the fish. That's the tricky part. Like I said though, hatcam is awesome for now.
SnookBait

Re: First trip with my hat-mounted Playsport

Post by SnookBait »

How did you mount the play sport on your hat? Ive been wondering how to build a mount for my playsport.