No votes
Self taught
37%
Other
14%

Total votes: 59

Sully

Post by Sully »

My Father started me in the addiction. God Bless him. I suppose if you talked to my wife she would say that is a bad thing. I can think of far worse habits and just thank the Lord for giving me the memories I have with my Father fishing.

Since then I have a friend (and no I don't have to pay him) that has guided for years and taught me the finer points of the game.

Great topic. Sure conjures up some incredible memories of times past. Thanks.
TRUE
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

When I was a young boy, I picked up a dusty old fishing pole, a bright flash filled the room, and the knowledge and power of the fishing gods was passed into my soul. :wink:

Seriously though, I taught myself to fish as a kid in the UK, badly. In my early twenties, I was fortunate to meet a guy named Mark who became my fishing mentor and best friend. He taught me everything there was to know about UK fishing.
When I moved here, the fishing gods smiled on me, I was lucky enough to be shown the ropes by many great anglers here; Jay B, Merril "The Canoeman" Chandler, Capt. Mel, X-Captain Bill, RayH, DaveR, Rik, all passed on a wealth of fishing knowledge.

I've also learned a great deal from the members here.
I have much much more to learn and that's what's so great about fishing here.
Last edited by John on Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Hatch

Post by Hatch »

Grandpa (Leonard), Dad (Derald), Scott & Steve (Brothers), Maria, Eric, Ted, Joe, Dave & Neil (Friends)