Fishing Logs - Do You Keep One?

Do You Keep a Fishing Log and if so, Do You Use This Data To Alter Your Fishing Technique?

I do not keep a fishing log.
71%
I keep a fishing log, but don't know how to utilize the data.
3%
I keep a fishing log, and utilizing the data has greatly improved my fishing ability.
26%

Total votes: 31

rev

Post by rev »

I keep a log, more to remember my trips and whom I fish with and the extraneous stuff that happens than to actually pattern fish...I remember fish and spots and patterns pretty well without the aide of a log. However, log entries like these...

"Drove to tarpon h-ole #26.c. Found a twitching homeless black man in the road. Waited for the fire truck to rescue him. Homeowner assured us that this was not a bad area of town."

"F2W stuck in mangrove branches. Did not think he would get out. Left him for gatorbait. Unfortunately he lived."

"Watched a snook pop a redwing blackbird sitting on a branch. The bird survived."

"TS Alberto tried to ruin the trip, but the bonefish kept tailing through 25 knots."

...bring a smile every time I look at the book.
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

rev wrote:

However, log entries like these...

"Drove to tarpon h-ole #26.c.
twenty six?... sub note "C"?

that must be one hell of a read 8)
"YOU GOT NUTTIN!"
Kpmiggs

Post by Kpmiggs »

I have been wanting to start keeping a log, what all information do you think it should contain that it would make it useful with out over recording: I would like to keep it simple.

Tides
Time spent fishing
Solunar
Barometer
Temperature Air/Water
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Maybe add;
Wind and waves
Water clarity
Fish caught (type and size)
Lure/bait used
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing