Nice truck rack idea...

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
screwballl

Re: Nice truck rack idea...

Post by screwballl »

teamshaft3 wrote:How about you leave me out of your debates. However, if you can't comprehend what I wrote I'll email you a "special person's" version of it if you like. :thumbleft:
I wasn't trying to drag you into it, was just making a point... The new guy gets the capitalization nazi yet someone with a supporter tag gets no flak. Do I need to pay money to the forums so i don't get flak for missing capital letters? :roll:
Matthew 4:19
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Missed another one. Yes, money will help.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
willemac
Supporter 2009 - 2012

Post by willemac »

Pay the money, you still get the flak. These guys and gals treat theirs and yours the same. Really nice folks here.
It's the other three quarters that can't be trusted!!!
Mac

Hobie AI
Rik

Post by Rik »

screwball,

i WouLd havE reSpoNded diFFerentLy to the Cap nAzI bTw leavinG OUt pUNCtuaTioN maRkS aLSo drIVES HIm nUTs
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

n O W rik DON T getdavergoingheWILLbEPISSEDt h e nWe wILLAlLpaY
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

If you weren't making a mint from this place Rik you wouldn't be so nice. Joe, you're a Steelers fan, nuff said.
Couple of :-B :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown: :clown:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
screwballl

Post by screwballl »

lol good to see we are having fun with this (as I made sure I missed a few on purpose on this and previous posts)
Matthew 4:19
Michael

Post by Michael »

Now that I have heard everyone beat everyone up on rhetoric, grammer, jargan, "how to's & what to's", I have a question. Can anyone identify those PU bed racks?? Brand name, home made,where can I find? ETC. My problem is I have a Nissan Frontier,King Cab w/o Factory roof-top racks. Have spoken to Thule and Yakima....no rack made for my truck unless it has a factory rack. Installers are scared to install the roof top racks that bolt into the roof due to wires and braces under the roof. I'm also looking to get a second ultimate 12, and fitting both into my bed could be a nite-mare!...6ft long bed. Does anyone out there have any knowledge on racks for, or a carry system for the Nissan Frontier???

Waiting in vain!!!! Michael
Rik

Post by Rik »

First, no one is getting beat up. Tickled unmercifully, maybe, but not beat up.

Now, to the Frontier. Something I know something about. My initial advice is to say screw the roof top racks and get a bed extender for $20 from Harbor Freight.

However, if you have to have roof top, you have to forget those existing cross bars unless you want to drill holes in them. Even doing that, it won't be wide enough for two kayaks.

So, going the Yakima route, you'll need the Universal Might Mounts. They used to have a clamping system that grabbed the fore/aft bar but they've replaced that with Mighty Mounts. From there, you just add the cross bars and boat saddles. Then you have to decide whether you think the distance between the two cross bars is big enough to provide good support. I didn't think so.

The roof rack route is expensive.
Truck.JPG
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Rik

Post by Rik »

Here's another suggestion for those Frontier cross bars. Clamp one of these (or make one out of PVC) on the bottom side facing aft for rod storage while driving. Keeps rods out of the way and organized.

Devodud

Post by Devodud »

Here is my pickup truck rack, made of 2x4's (quick, cheap, easy) and lag bolts. The ends of the 2x4's are cut to fit into the factory rack holes on the bed rails. The front legs are tilted so they do not impact the back of the cab. I can load and unload the yak easily.

If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough!!
jslager

Post by jslager »

The Hawaiian Sawhorse Rack is what I was thinking of getting and a very good price for what it is.

http://www.aztrucks.com/product.asp?pr= ... horse_Rack" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, Just sliding my XFactor into the bed of my S10 and strapping it down has worked fine for me so far.
Sawyer Paddles and Oars
cocoadave

Post by cocoadave »

mudfish wrote:My g/f saw this yesterday and sent me the pics. Come to find it actually a very good rack mount idea that offers a ton of room across the rails as well as keeping the bed open to load another ton of stuff.

Personally I don't have a P/U truck but thought I'd share the concept, which looks strong, clean and user friendly; ...as in racking the boats low and accessible.
*Note the handicap tag. ;)

I just want to know, what "handicap" person is loading/unloading these?
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

cocoadave wrote: I just want to know, what "handicap" person is loading/unloading these?
You never know these days.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'