Finally got out on the kayak again...

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rooster

Finally got out on the kayak again...

Post by Rooster »

I finally made it out, and started fishin, not too much going on, it was a super high tide, the dirt road along the beach was filled with water in certain spots. I went out into the lagoon, and not much happening in there, lots and lots of stingrays were in there, I made a few casts with a funky chicken exude (pink and green) nothing took, I went back out and started trolling a gold spinnerbait with a CAL glow curly tail as a tail, blammo!, ended up being a mid sized sail cat....dang the luck :oops: ....after cleaning the slime left all over the bait and the leader I continued trolling untill I hit my trout hole. I was going to go to where MM had said on the east side of Weedon Isle, however the number of dark clouds above kept me in close. Luckily I did stay close, because not five minutes later a thunder storm started rolling in and that was the end of my day. I should be out there again tomorrow hopefully, hope to see some people there :wink:
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth