bang for your buck?

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
JoseC

bang for your buck?

Post by JoseC »

sorry for always picking you brains, but which paddle do you guys think gives you the best bang for your buck? I have a cheap crack of dawn paddle that needs replacing soon. the button always gets stuck inside the paddle when i push it in and it takes me 10 minutes to get it to pop back out so i can assemble to paddle.
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
JayB
Founder's Club

Post by JayB »

Plenty of good ones out there.

Best bang for the buck to me is Aquabound AMT paddle. Good Value.

J
Stereotactic radiation saved my life.

I may not be an angel, but I had a halo.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Find the best, lightest paddle you can comfortable afford. After all it is your engine.

I have an AT paddle, to me it is the nicest paddle I have ever used. It is ergonomically designed and has a bent shaft. I have a very nice Accent paddle that is my back up and loaner. Paul at Masthead Enterprises, a PFTS sponsor, sells Accent paddles if interested check with Paul.

Many members here have Onno paddles and are happy with them, I cannot comment on those as I have never used them.

Lots of variations on blade size and length out there. Shop around and you can find a good deal on a nice paddle.

Disclaimer-I am sponsored by Confluence (i.e. Wilderness Systems, AT Paddles, etc) and I did not pay for my AT paddle
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

I lonve my Onno. Spend some time on the phone with Patrick and he will teach you more then anyone hear ever could.
http://eteamz.active.com/paddleshop/news/index.cfm?

My Signature Carbon was about $300.00...Sixt of which was freight because it is a 1 piece. It has held up to oysters, mangroves and can even pole a flat I should get out and walk across.

The draw backs are they need securing in the wind and they don't float beside the boat as well as a heavy paddle will. I'm known for throwing my paddle over the side with "Good" fish on because it gets in the way. I have a leash on it.

It's real light and has ZERO flex
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
Redfisher

Post by Redfisher »

Werner has some good "bang for the buck" paddles. Maybe Sam could help?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club